Here is one of my favorite costumes! I was Rogue from Marvel’s X-men. LOVE how it turned out.
Here is a little description on how my mom (I helped a little bit) made this rockin costume.
1. I went to the nearest fabric store and found a pattern for a turtle neck and leggings. (Yes my costume is 2 pieces)(easier to make it that way)
2. I bought about a 1/4 a yard of fake leather for the belt.
3. I bought enough fabric for the outfit plus the shoes and gloves. (go off measurements on the back of the pattern to determine how much fabric you should buy)
4. My mom then worked her magic and used the patterns to create this awesome costume!
5. For the gloves she made the pattern from actual mittens.
6. For the boots I am actually wearing black boots under the fabric. The coverings were made like socks without the sole, so I was able to pull them over the boots.
7. For the X-men symbol I bought a little bit of red felt and just glued it onto the belt. Simple!
8. For my hair, I used extensions for the blonde pieces and then just curled the rest. And Voila!
If you have any other questions regarding the costume, just leave a comment!